Categories
Andrew Cuomo Covid-19 patients Intelwars Janice Dean Meghan McCain megyn kelly New York Nursing homes

‘Heartless monster’ NY Gov. Cuomo torn to shreds by Meghan McCain, Megyn Kelly for insult to Fox News’ Janice Dean

It hasn’t been the best kickoff of the new year for far-left New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo:

What now?

But now Cuomo may have outdone himself.

You might recall that Fox News senior meteorologist Janice Dean has been a vocal critic of Cuomo’s handling of New York nursing homes amid the coronavirus — particularly as she
lost both of her in-laws to COVID-19 in 2020.

Earlier this week, Dean ripped Cuomo’s botched coronavirus vaccine rollout, calling it a “disaster … it is just another leadership failure from this governor,”
Fox News reported.

“I have been covering him for about 10 months, and I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that he is interested in being a celebrity instead of being a governor,” she added, according to the cable network.

How did Cuomo react?

When Cuomo’s office was asked about Dean’s comments earlier this week, the response was as follows: “Last I checked, she’s not a credible source on anything except maybe the weather,” the
Wrap reported.

Uh oh.

Then what?

Fox News contributor Guy Benson had the following to say in response: ‘
Wow, what an a**hole.”

Then Meghan McCain and Megyn Kelly joined in to defend Dean:

  • “After @Janicedean lost BOTH her in-laws this year in NY nursing homes, instead of mourning with her and listening to her, Cuomo smears her,” McCain — who co-hosts “The View” —
    tweeted. “There is blood on your hands Cuomo, and we all know it. You disgust me, you absolute heartless monster.”
  • “@JaniceDean *is* an expert on how Cuomo’s orders killed 6k+ ppl, including her in-laws,” Kelly
    wrote. “She had to become one. B/c the media didn’t give a damn. And when she spoke up, the media mocked her for going beyond weather — just like Cuomo did here. And all of those ppl can F right off.”

Dean, as you might expect, was happy with the support from McCain and Kelly:

McCain added an insurance policy, later telling Dean: “I would wrestle an ox with my bare hands for you my sister. No one is going to let off what Cuomo has done to your family and so many others.”

Share
Categories
Coronavirus COVID-19 Covid-19 patients El husseineya central hospital Intelwars

Reports emerge claiming that all patients in one Egypt COVID-19 ICU ward died after hospital ‘runs out of oxygen.’ Gov’t says that’s not what happened.

All patients in an Egypt intensive care ward died on Saturday after the hospital ran out of oxygen, according to various reports from the U.K.’s
Daily Star, the Middle East Eye, Egypt Today, and more.

The Egyptian government, however, tells a different story and says the reports are false.

What are the details of the accusations?

The deaths reportedly took place at the El Husseiniya Central Hospital in Egypt’s Ash Sharqia province, and footage purported to be taken from the scene has gone viral on social media.

The Daily Star reported that “every single patient on a coronavirus emergency ward died due to a lack of hospital oxygen.”

“Video clips uploaded to social media show hospital staff desperately trying to perform CPR on dying patients while the sounds of screaming and crying can be heard echoing through the ward,” the outlet said, pointing out that “up to seven patients died after the ICU’s oxygen levels almost dipped below two percent, meaning there was neither sufficient pressure nor air for them to survive.”

The outlet reported that government negligence and corruption are being blamed for the deaths.

Social media user Ahmed Shalaby shared video purported to be from the hospital, writing, “Another heartbreaking Scene, An Egyptian physician collapsed after all COVID-19 patients in the ICU had died due to lack of Oxygen that the PPE she’s wearing aren’t enough for the frontline health workers.”

In the video, hospital staff can also be seen rushing around, apparently attempting to revive patients.

What have officials said about the incident?

In response to the outcry, Egypt Health Minister Hala Zayed said that the patients did not die from a lack of oxygen, and instead said that the Muslim Brotherhood was simply spreading rumors.

Further, hospital director Dr. Muhammad Sami Al-Najjar reportedly told local media that the situation at the hospital is stable and “normal” and said that there is no oxygen shortage. Sami Al-Najjar also added that the ICU patients all died from natural causes, old age, or other chronic illnesses.

Dr. Mamdouh Ghorab, governor of Ash Sharqia, said that it was just four patients that died. He has reportedly called for hospital security guards to be punished for allowing visitors to film inside the intensive care ward.

“Oxygen is available in the Husseiniya Hospital,” Ghorab said according to Egypt Today. “Only four cases were on ventilators. The death was natural as a result of the deterioration of their condition because of the infection with the Coronavirus and their chronic diseases.”

Local MP Sayed Rahmo fired back at Ghorab’s claims and said, “The patients died as a result of negligence at the al-Husseiniya hospital and the mismanagement of the oxygen shortage crisis. According to my sources, the intensive care doctor informed the hospital director about the shortage of oxygen supply at least an hour [before the catastrophe].”

The Daily Star noted that there have been “unconfirmed reports that the man who recorded the footage has since been arrested,” and the Middle East Eye said that the person who filmed the scenes “was summoned by Egyptian police for questioning” on Monday.

The Times of Israel reported that Egypt has launched an investigation into the ICU deaths.

“The prosecutor’s office in Al-Husseiniya (in the northern Sharqiya province) summoned the director of Al-Husseiniya hospital to question him over the deaths of four people due to lack of oxygen,” a judicial source said according to the outlet.

According to a report from the New York Times, the government is adamant that neither shortages nor negligence caused the deaths in the ICU.

The Ministry of Health on Sunday released a statement confirming the deaths of four patients at the El Husseiniya Central Hospital.

“[The patients] died at different times; most of them were elderly people with chronic illnesses who suffered from complications as a result of their infection with the coronavirus, which led to the deterioration of their health and their death,” the statement explained.

Further, the statement from the Ministry of Health pointed out that there were at least “a dozen other patients in the hospital,” according to the Times, which included newborns in incubators who were reportedly set up with access to the same oxygen network and who were not affected. This, according to the ministry, confirms “the lack of a connection between the deaths and allegations made about a shortage of oxygen.”

A counterpoint

The Times report pointed out, however, that “medical experts and analysts say there is no way to know exactly what happened because people are too scared to risk criticizing the government.”

“In the early months of the crisis, doctors who complained about overstretched hospitals were thrown in jail,” the report added.

“The government perceives the idea of saying there’s a shortage of anything like oxygen or PPE or breathing machines as sensitive information and a matter of national security,” Ayman Sabae, a researcher at the Egyptian Initiative for Personal Rights, said according to the outlet. “Maybe there is no oxygen shortage, but then again the body that has been conducting the investigation is the ministry, which is also managing the hospitals, which is a reason for skepticism. There is a problem of credibility.”

Anything else to know?

According to the Middle East Eye, this incident is reportedly the second of its kind.

The first reportedly took place at Zefta General Hospital just hours before the deaths at the Husseiniya hospital.

You can read more about that incident here.

Share
Categories
Coronavirus Covid-19 patients Health Intelwars Man gets covid twice Medical reports Nevada man gets coronavirus two times Reports

Scientists say Nevada man contracted the coronavirus on 2 separate occasions — and the second time was far worse

Scientists say that a 25-year-old Nevada man has contracted COVID-19 twice, on two separate occasions.

What are the details?

According to a Monday report in infectious diseases journal the Lancet, researchers said that the unnamed 25-year-old man contracted coronavirus twice and became seriously ill following his second infection.

The man, a resident of Washoe County, reportedly had no known immunodeficient conditions, nor did he have any underlying problems. Despite those factors, the unnamed man — who has since recovered from both bouts — required hospital treatment following his second infection.

The man first tested positive on April 18, and his symptoms abated on April 27. He subsequently tested negative for coronavirus on two separate occasions on May 9 and May 26. He began exhibiting further symptoms on May 28, and on June 5, he tested positive for coronavirus a second time.

Researchers then sequenced RNA from both of the man’s virus samples and concluded that he had been infected with two different strains of the virus.

According to CNBC, “Scientists said the patient caught the coronavirus on two separate occasions, rather than the original infection bouncing back after becoming dormant. This is because a comparison of the genetic codes showed ‘significant differences’ between each variant associated with each instance of infection.”

The study’s authors noted, “These findings suggest that the patient was infected by SARS-CoV-2 on two separate occasions by a genetically distinct virus. Thus, previous exposure to SARS-CoV-2 might not guarantee total immunity in all cases. … All individuals, whether previously diagnosed with COVID-19 or not, should take identical precautions to avoid infection with SARS-CoV-2.”

The Hill reports that it is the first confirmed case of a U.S. patient becoming reinfected with COVID-19 and the fifth of its kind worldwide.

‘It is possible to get reinfected’

Dr. Simon Clarke, associate professor in cellular microbiology at the University of Reading, told the outlet that the study means “it is possible to get reinfected.”

“It doesn’t tell us that protective immunity is impossible,” Clarke added. “It is worth remembering that this might be just one of a very small handful of reinfections, it might be very rare, or it might be one of the very first few we are going to see a lot more of given time.”

Clarke also pointed out that the research’s findings could possibly make generating immunity against COVID-19 “much more difficult.”

At the time of this reporting, researchers at Johns Hopkins University estimate that 37,857,361 people around the world have been infected with coronavirus and at least 1,081,695 have died.

Share