Categories
Adele Adele instagram Adele weight loss Body dysmorphia Body image Body positivity Celebrity Fat positivity Fat shaming Hollywood Intelwars weight loss

People are marveling at Adele’s weight loss, but others are outraged at the fat-shaming

Singer Adele astounded her fans with her weight loss, but others were angered by the comments that they perceived as “fat-shaming” those who had trouble with their weight.

Adele celebrated her birthday by posting a photograph of herself to her Instagram account and her more than 35 million followers. Many praised her for her weight loss, which she had previously discuss in an interview with Vogue in 2016.

“I was trying to get some stamina for my tour, so I lost a bit of weight,” Adele said.

“Now I fit into normal, off-the-shelf clothes,” she added, “which is a really big problem for me!”

The post received more than 8 million “likes” and 183,000 comments, mostly of support and approval.

The angry online reaction

Others decried the celebratory comments to Adele as having a sinister side-effect of shaming those with “body positivity” issues.

“Fellow thins, don’t be fatphobic. I see you tweeting about Adele. Fat people can see you tweeting about Adele too,” said Muslim bisexual historian Blair Imani.

“[G]ood morning, deeply depressed by everyone fawning over adele’s weight loss,” tweeted writer Marisa Kabas, “the most impressive thing a woman can do is lose weight.”

“Your weight doesn’t determine your beauty. Your appearance doesn’t determine your beauty. The number on the scale doesn’t make you worthy or unworthy,” responded disability blogger Melissa Blake.

“To my fellow fats who are looking at everyone telling Adele how beautiful she is now she’s skinny – you’re valid, beautiful and celebrated at the weight you are NOW. You don’t need an “Adele” moment to feel validated. You can achieve and be whatever you want to be RIGHT NOW,” replied lgbtqiap+ activist Lottie L’Amour.

“The discourse on Adele is gross and ridded with fat shaming under the guise of ‘concerns about health’ and the belief that becoming thinner is the same as having a “glow up.” I know this song and dance all too well. Y’all hate successful and happy fat people so much,” responded writer B.J. Colangelo.

Adele also used the Instagram post to thank the medical workers on the frontline fighting the coronavirus pandemic.

Here’s more about Adele’s weight loss:


Adele STUNS in Rare Sighting on Her 32nd Birthday

www.youtube.com

Share
Categories
allegations Celebrity harvey weinstein Intelwars Joe biden allegations Mcgowan Rape Rose mcgowan sexual Sexual Abuse Sexual Assault sexual assault allegations Times up

‘This is deeper than a cover-up’: Rose McGowan denounces Democratic party, calls the media a cult

Actress Rose McGowan denounced the Democrat party and the media in an emotional post calling both a “cult” that only pretended to be “the good guys.”

McGowan, who sounded the alarm against sexual predator Harvey Weinstein but went unheeded, posted her comments on social media on Wednesday.

“I used to be a proud Democrat. I would have died for this damned country & its ideals. I was raised to be a proud Democrat,” she said, explaining how much she supported the party in her youth.

“And I was always told it was the Democratic Party that were the good guys, that our papers were [the New York Times] and [the Washington Post] & we as a family loved listening to [All Things Considered] & we’d talk about how much we loved [Ira Glass’] voice,” she continued.

“But now i know too much,” McGowan said.

“And I feel really quite a sense of loss tonight. I am not a cynical person, but America goddamn. Republicans have always been painted as the bad guys, and i’ve always seen them more as a cult, but now i realize so are the democrats and the media. Macro and micro,” she continued.

“This is deeper than a cover-up,” McGowan concluded. “And I’m sad because there’s death around all corners & shadows in the daytime. It hurts.”

McGowan did not elaborate on why she was denouncing the Democrat party, but it was likely because so many on the left were defending Joe Biden against allegations of sexual assault. In another tweet from Monday, McGowan excoriated Biden over the assault claims.

“Answer your taxpayers, answer Tara Reade, stop speaking through your manager,” she said.

“You are a creep. You know it,” McGowan added. “We know it. I know it. Tara definitely knows it.”

Here’s Rose McGowan’s accusations against Harvey Weinstein:


Rose McGowan describes alleged rape by Harvey Weinstein: Nightline Part 1

www.youtube.com

Share
Categories
Celebrity Coronavirus Coronavirus death toll Entertainment Intelwars Kelly dodd Real housewives Social Media Social media faux pas

‘Real Housewives’ star says coronavirus is just ‘God’s way of thinning the herd’

Kelly Dodd, one of the stars of “The Real Housewives of Orange County,” asserted that the coronavirus pandemic is “God’s way of thinning the herd,” in a now deleted exchange on social media.

The comment, which some are calling insensitive and tone-deaf, was made while she was lashing out at critics on her Instagram account.

Dodd told her more than 757,000 that she was taking a coronavirus test after she went on an airplane flight. She made the comment while responding to commenters who said she should not have been flying.

“If it’s dangerous why are the airlines still flying?” she wrote according to Page Six. “You think I want to fly? I had to get back, how is that elitist?”

In another exchange she downplayed the threat from the coronavirus and compared it to other viral pandemics.

“Do you know how many people died from the H1N1, the swine flu or SARS?” Dodd demanded. “It’s 25% get your facts straight you only hearing numbers not the reality!”

“It’s God’s way of thinning the herd!” she added.

The comment was deleted but was captured by a writer and posted on social media.

As of Tuesday there have been 824,000 confirmed cases of coronavirus in the United States, with 45,297 Americans succumbing to the virus.

“I’m not God, I’m not insensitive.”

Dodd later apologized in another Instagram post.

“I want to give a public apology. When I wrote this is ‘God’s way of thinning the herd,’ that’s not what I meant,” Dodd said.

“What I meant was, do these pandemics happen because it’s God’s way?” she asked rhetorically. “I’m not God, I’m not insensitive. I feel bad for all the families who have lost loved ones. And I do think we should all stay home and protect everybody. That’s not what I meant, and I want to apologize to anybody who got offended. I’m sorry.”

Here’s more about the virus:


COVID-19 devastates nursing home for US veterans

www.youtube.com

Share
Categories
Celebrity Coronavirus Coronavirus america Coronavirus outbreak Coronavirus test Coronavirus us Donald Trump Entertainment Intelwars Kathy Griffin President Donald Trump trump

Kathy Griffin says hospital refuses to test her for coronavirus despite ‘painful’ symptoms, and she blames Trump

Comedian Kathy Griffin revealed that she had been admitted to a coronavirus isolation room in a tweet meant to call out President Donald Trump about his administration’s response to the pandemic.

Griffin posted photos of herself from the hospital with a tweet from the president about the testing that the United States had conducted to stop coronavirus.

“Just reported that the United States has done far more ‘testing’ than any other nation, by far!” tweeted Trump. “In fact, over an eight day span, the United States now does more testing than what South Korea (which has been a very successful tester) does over an eight week span. Great job!”

Griffin tweeted that she had not been tested because of administration restrictions.

“He’s lying. I was sent to the #COVID19 isolation ward room in a major hospital ER from a separate urgent care facility after showing UNBEARABLY PAINFUL symptoms,” she claimed.

“The hospital couldn’t test me for #coronavirus because of CDC (Pence task force) restrictions,” she added.

Many on social media noted that Griffin could have been denied a coronavirus test without that fact contradicting the fact that the United States had tested more people than other countries.

NPR reported that the United States had surpassed South Korea in coronavirus tests, but added that the latter surpassed the U.S. in per capita testing.

Griffin has been a vicious critic of Trump in the past, and has even claimed that she lost work because of her comments and actions against him.

Here’s more about the coronavirus pandemic:


COVID 19 HITS PRINCE CHARLES: Plus Cases Worldwide, UV Rays/Seasonal Study, and Economy Effects

www.youtube.com

Share
Categories
Actors Celebrity Coronavirus Entertainment Intelwars Outrage against celebrities Social Media Social media outrage Vanessa Hudgens

Actress Vanessa Hudgens walks back insensitive video about coronavirus, but it only fuels more outrage

Celebrity actress Vanessa Hudgens posted a video about coronavirus that was immediately blasted on social media for its insensitivity on Tuesday.

“Yeah, uhm, ’til July sounds like a bunch of bullsh*t,” said Hudgens on the video posted to her Instagram account, which has more than 38 million followers.

“I’m sorry but like, it’s a virus, I get it, like, I respect it, but at the same time, like, even if everybody gets it, like, yeah, people are gonna die, which is terrible, but like, inevitable?” she added.

“I don’t know, maybe I shouldn’t be doing this right now!” she laughed.

Nearly the entire internet agreed with Hudgens that she should not have been doing that right now. Her video was circulated widely and condemned vehemently.

Owing to the outrage around her video, “Vanessa Hudgens” was the number one trending topic nationally on Tuesday.

“Are we calling it yet on Vanessa Hudgens being the first celebrity to get quarantine-cancelled?” tweeted comedian Randy Rainbow.

In a follow up video, she offered a a half-hearted attempt to apologize for her comments, which she said were “taken out of context.” Hudgens also apologized in a message on Twitter.

“Hey guys. I’m so sorry for the way i have offended anyone and everyone who has seen the clip from my Instagram live yesterday. I realize my words were insensitive and not at all appropriate for the situation our country and the world are in right now,” Hudgens said.

“This has been a huge wake up call about the significance my words have, now more than ever,” she concluded. “I’m sending safe wishes to everyone to stay safe and healthy during this crazy time.”

Many critics found her apology to be insincere and out of proportion to the message in her first video.

Here’s more about the Hudgens outrage:


Vanessa Hudgens Slammed for Insensitive Response to the Coronavirus

www.youtube.com

Share
Categories
Celebrity Coronavirus Coronavirus outbreak Coronavirus panic Entertainment Intelwars Rita wilson tom hanks

Breaking: Tom Hanks says he and his wife have tested positive for  coronavirus

Hollywood icon Tom Hanks revealed on Wednesday that he and his wife Rita Wilson had contracted coronavirus and are going into self-isolation.

Hanks explained the details in an Instagram post from his official account.

Hello, folks. Rita and I are down here in Australia. We felt a bit tired, like we had colds, and some body aches. Rita had some chills that came and went. Slight fevers too. To play things right, as is needed in the world right now, we were tested for the Coronavirus, and were found to be positive,” said Hanks.

“Well, now. What to do next? The Medical Officials have protocols that must be followed. We Hanks’ will be tested observed, and isolated for as long as public health and safety requires. Not much more to it than a one-day-at-a-time approach, no?” he added.

“We’ll keep the world posted and updated,” Hanks concluded. “Take care of yourselves!”

Hanks and Wilson are both 63 years old, and were in Australia for the filming of a movie.

The news came just as President Donald Trump announced in a televised address that flights from Europe were to be limited in an attempt to slow the spread of the virus.

Here’s more about the coronavirus pandemic:



www.youtube.com

Share
Categories
Antonio sabato jr Celebrity Donald Trump Hollywood Hollywood actor Immigrant Intelwars Melrose place Republican convention Rnc speech Sabato trump Trump supporter

‘I was blacklisted’: Antonio Sabato Jr. says supporting Trump ended his acting career. He now works in construction.

Antonio Sabato Jr., who starred in the primetime series “Melrose Place” and daytime television series’ such as “The Bold and the Beautiful” and “General Hospital,” recently explained to Variety magazine how his support for President Donald Trump killed his acting career.

The 47-year-old Italian immigrant had an acting career that spanned 30 years, but after he openly declared his support for Trump during the 2016 election, the industry rejected him.

“I had to sell everything,” Sabato said in a phone interview with Variety. “I had to pay all my debts. I was blacklisted. All my representatives left me, from agents to managers to commercial agents. I literally had to move, find a new job to survive and take care of my kids.

“It’s been terrible. It’s mind-blowing. It’s a disgrace. It’s tough, because if you’re in that environment in Hollywood and you have something to say that they don’t like, they’re going to let you know,” he added.

Sabato Jr., who immigrated from Italy to the United States in 1985 to work as a Calvin Klein model, said that after he spoke at the Republican National Convention in 2016, he could no longer line up any acting roles. Forced out of the industry, now he makes ends meet as a construction worker in Florida.

“I’m on the ground,” Sabato reportedly told Variety when asked to describe his new life. “I go on the job at two in the morning, and I’m making sure that the job is controlled and supervised by me. I’m in the car all day, driving, going through all the sites. Five days a week, nonstop.”

In an interview with People Magazine in 2016, Sabato Jr. described himself as neither a Republican or a Democrat — “I am an American,” he said instead. The actor had voted for Bill Clinton twice in 1992 and 1996, but opposed Democratic President Barack Obama.

In 2016, Sabato Jr. was among the first in the national spotlight to come out in support of Trump, and he told Variety that despite the consequences for his career, he doesn’t regret the decision at all.

“I was the first celebrity to come out and talk about the president, and he had my vote from day one,” he said. “I was the first one to say he was going to win. My integrity is intact. What I believe in is still intact. What doesn’t break you makes you stronger–that’s what they say. So I’m stronger than ever, and I didn’t have to lie about who I am.”

He also suggested that there are many other Trump supporters in the entertainment industry, but they are scared to reveal their political opinions publicly.

“I know a lot of actors who are lying about who they’re going to vote for because they don’t want the crap,” Sabato Jr. said. “They won’t want to be talked about and fired from movie sets. This is serious.”

Share
Categories
AIDS Alicia Keys Celebrity Charity digital life sacrifice event Intelwars Lady Gaga Social Network

Celebrities Declaring Digital Death

buylifeDigital Life Sacrifice has celebrities Lady Gaga, Justin Timberlake, Usher, Elijah Wood, Jennifer Hudson, Ryan Seacrest and Alicia Keys “dying” on Facebook and Twitter accounts on December 1 for World Aids Day.

According to the Associated Press, “celebrities have filmed ‘last tweet and testament’ videos and will appear in ads showing them lying in coffins to represent what the campaign calls their digital deaths.”

The site BuyLife.org declares that the celebrities will die on December 1 but “you can buy their lives back.” The goal is to raise  $1 million for Keys’ charity Keep A Child Alive, which supports treatment and care of children with AIDS and their families in Africa and India.

Lady Gaga has more than 7 million followers on Twitter and almost 24 million fans on Facebook. She and the other celebrities will sign off of their social networks until $1 million is raised.

“We’re trying to sort of make the remark: Why do we care so much about the death of one celebrity as opposed to millions and millions of people dying in the place that we’re all from?” said Leigh Blake, the president and co-founder of Keep a Child Alive.

It is a creative way to leverage the large number of social network celebrity supporters and draw attention to a very worthy cause. I wonder if this high-profile action will have the secondary effect of making people think about their own digital legacy and what would happen to their social profiles if they died.

In the press release, Alicia Keys called for more people to give up their social network activity as part of the campaign. “It just doesn’t have to be just because you’re a celebrity or something like that. It can be anybody.”

Share